Monday, November 15, 2010

This One's For the Fellas (Ladies, useful knowledge for you too)


HEY everyone!

I was recently asked by a dude what he could do to prevent irritation after shaving.  From what I hear, facial shaving irritation is tough to combat, but with these few tips, you’ll be on your way to a baby soft face!  Pre-shave, I recommend that you exfoliate.  For the guys who have no idea what this is, it’s the removal of dead skin cells on the skin’s outer surface.  You can go to any drugstore and buy “St Ives Apricot Scrub”.  Use this three times weekly on your face and neck.  This will slough off dead skin and allow for a closer, smoother shave.  For starters, I recommend taking a shower first, to soften the skin and hair. On to the shaving, a new razor is a MUST.  And I know they are expensive but you have to change out your blade every 3-4 uses.  Single blade razors work well for men.  Shave in the direction of the hair growth.   After your shave, apply after shave; preferably one containing aloe Vera and antiseptic ingredients that will heal any cuts caused by shaving.  Lastly, men, you HAVE to moisturize.  Try to pick an oil free moisturizer with sunscreen.  I recommend Clean & Clear Morning Glow Moisturizer spf 15. 


Happy Shaving!  Until next time...


xo

1 comment:

  1. I love St. Ives products. I use clean & clear moisturizer, it works really well for my dry skin and help with oil control in my tzones. I think my husband would love to shave but with those ingrown hairs he can't. Great post

    ReplyDelete