Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Q & A

Hey loves!

So another week has gone by in my little world of beauty & makeup and what an action packed time it’s been!  Weddings, photo shoots, and the salon, it's hard to consider it work when I love it so much.  I've had a lot of questions so I'm going to take a few and answer them now.

Q:  How can I be more adventurous with my makeup? 

A:  First, accept that most of us can only wear colors within a fairly narrow spectrum.  The trick is to find which shades flatter you, be they browns, pinks, or apricots, and then experiment with new products within this range when you feel like a change.

Q:  How do I find the right concealer for me?

A:  Using the wrong shade will highlight rather than hide your flaws, so follow the basic rules: Concealer with a greenish tinge will hide redness; a blue tone will complement fair skin; a yellow concealer is good for dark or uneven skin; while a pinky color will illuminate a dull complexion.

Q:  When it comes to skin, is matte always better?

A:  Not necessarily.  It depends on your skin type.  If you have oily skin, matte foundation will help control oil. Dry skin does not need this formula.  To get the fresh-faced, dewy look that is popular at the moment, try a foundation or concealer with light-reflecting pigments.  It's particularly flattering on older sins and will stop you from looking caked.


Q: Where should I apply highlighter?

A:  Under your eyebrows, down the middle of your nose, just about your cupid's bow and in the semicircle from your outer eye along the line of your cheekbone.  Avoid blemishes at all costs as you don't want to highlight them too.  

_______________________________________________________________

I appreciate the questions.  Keep them coming.  Hope everyone has a great day!

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment