Sunday, November 6, 2011

Bare Minerals vs. Physicians Formula

Happy Sunday!

How's everyone feeling after that extra hour of sleep?  Of course, my plan to sleep in and catch up on rest fell through as soon as my dog pounced on my face and woke me up. SO, I will blog instead :)  Hope y'all had a restful, fun and safe weekend.

Let's get down to businessss!  Foundation.  I have a love/hate relationship with.  On one hand, I know it's necessary for a full face of makeup and on the other hand, I know my skin needs a break from my pore-clogging favorite liquid foundations.  My solution?  I use mineral makeup on my skin for the daily grind (work, working out, errands, etc) and liquid for going out or "special" days (aka my skin needs more coverage due to breakouts).  I have been using Bare Minerals Matte for the past few months and I like it.  Notice I say "like".  I feel like there are SO many products out there that you need to LOVE your makeup.  That's when my research began.  I started to look up some other mineral makeup lines--professional and drugstore brands.  I decided on Physicians Formula MineralWear Talc-Free Airbushing Loose Powder. 

$13.95
It promises:
  • Ultra-fine mineral powder delivers impeccable coverage for a flawless airbrushed finish. 
  •  Visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, pores and sun damage. 
  •  Formulated with soothing plant extracts, protective antioxidants, nourishing Vitamins C and E and SPF 30. 
  • The result is a visibly firm, smooth, healthy and youthful complexion.
It is also hypoallergenic, fragrance free, paraben free, dermatologist approved., and non-Comedogenic. 

For starters, you can toss the Kabuki brush it comes with.  Too tiny to do any good.  I use my bare minerals brush.  My first impression?  LOVE.  The coverage is unbelievable for a powder.  The "airbrush finish" in the title is what attracted me because I airbrush clients with Temptu airbrush liquid makeup and although the results are slightly different, I will say that this is a very matte, creamy finish.  Once I first applied, I had to wear it all day to see how well it lasts. I have an oily T-zone so it's important for me to see how well the foundation lasts through my day of work and gym.  After a full day of work, I noticed slight wear but I also noticed that with Bare minerals.  My skin was a little shiny but that is a quick fix--blot with oil-absorbing sheet or a dust compact powder. 

I use the shade "Natural Beige".  It's a little light but I warm it up with some bronzer.  I told my co-worker about it and she bought and LOVES too!  Alrighty girls--go get you some!!!

Xo

1 comment:

  1. What shade of bare minerals were you using?

    ReplyDelete