Friday, February 25, 2011

Q & A

Hey guys!

Gosh, it seems like it's been forever.  I hope everyone is well.  I got sick with the flu which put me out for a week, celebrated my birthday with the most amazing friends and family, and have stayed busy at the salon.

Since I started this blog, I've received LOTS of questions.  Some of which are quickly answered and an entire blog entry isn't needed for them so I decided to do a Q & A section! 

___________________________________________________________________________

Q: If I only take one make-up product out with me, what should it be?

A: If you can't take the whole lot, grab an all-in-one lip and cheek tint.  This will give you a lip stain and blusher and it's surprising how a bit of color can add radiance to your face while detracting any flaws.  My favorite is Benefit's Benetint. 

$24 at Sephora


It's the original and still the best rose-colored cheek and lip tint. Kiss-proof and water-proof, this sheer tint gives you a gorgeous glow!

__________________________________________________________________________

Q: How can I fix the oily patches that ruin my make-up during summer?

A: Instead of applying MORE make-up, carry a packet of cosmetic blotting papers in your purse and blot the oil when needed.  Follow with a very light dusting of translucent powder.

_________________________________________________________________________

Q:  How can I stop my eye shadow from flaking onto my cheeks when I apply it?

A:  This is a question I get ALL the time.  About-turn your make-up routine and apply your eye shadow before your foundation and concealer.  Dust off excess loose eyeshadow powder and THEN apply the foundation.  Also, ensure that you always knock the excess powder off your shadow brush before application. 

____________________________________________________________________________

Q:  What's the best brush for doing smoky eyes fast?

A:  Use a wide, contoured brush with soft bristles that come almost to a point in the middle.  It's the perfect shape for blending shadow in the outer corner of the eye and into the crease.

Great brush set!  Sephora Smoky Eye Brush Set

__________________________________________________________________________

Q:  What's an instant fix for creased eye shadow?

A:  Resist the temptation to put more shadow on top.  Instead, use some Vaseline and the top of your finger to even it out again.

_________________________________________________________________________

Q:  How can I fix a broken lipstick?

A:  Set the broken bit aside and place the remainder of the lipstick in the tube under a naked flame to soften not melt it.  Weld your stray piece back on and leave to cool.  Lipstick saved.  PHEW!

_________________________________________________________________________

Q:  What's the best way to stop nail varnish from drying up in the pot?

A:  Keep it in the refrigerator

____________________________________________________________________________

Q:  How do I thin clogged-up nail polish?

A:  Add a few drops of nail polish remover to the polish sand shake the bottle well before applying.  Voila! 


_________________________________________________________________________

I hope this was somewhat helpful.  Thank you for all of your questions and keep them coming.  I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe weekend!

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment